Delivers benefits to the GCBC communities by:
- Providing a framework which will enable community participation in the management of the Greater Cederberg Biodiversity Corridor
- Actively involving communities in the management of the GCBC and its natural resources and heritage values
- Supporting the overall well-being of communities that live in harmony with nature and their social and cultural fabric
- Contributing to sustainable development at a bio-regional scale
- Acting as an example of sustainable living to benefit communities inside the Greater Cederberg region as well as outside its boundaries
Contributes to conservation by
- Striving to maintain our unique and diverse natural environment containing many species and ecosystems
- Contributing to conservation on a bio-regional scale through the establishment of corridors.
Promotes best practice land-uses by
- Ensuring that all values and traditional land-use practices of the GCBC are recognised and respected
- Striving to prevent inappropriate land-use practices and provide alternatives.
- Establishing buffer areas and linking provincial with national protected areas
- Providing opportunities for recreation and tourism that will ensure preservation of the region’s essential qualities.
Create awareness and garner support by
- Encouraging activities that will contribute to the long-term well-being of the people and biodiversity of the region
- Establishing support for the environmental protection of the GCBC