Storms and Fires on CapeNature Reserves
UPDATE, 09 June 2017
We ask that people refrain from trying to access these areas to allow firefighters and emergency services to proceed with necessary operations.
The following reserves experienced extreme weather and damage to infrastructure/roads, if you have a booking at any of these reserves please confirm before you depart to your destination:
– Anysberg Nature Reserve – Anys River is flowing but entry is still possible for clients
– Algeria campsite closed – ablution damaged and big branches in camping area
– Tweede Tol campsite closed – campsite closed till Monday, 12 June.
– Swartberg Nature Reserve – snowfall on the mountain, for the moment, Swartberg Pass remains accessible from the Oudtshoorn side, but should snowfall continue, the pass will be closed.
– Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve – closed for the weekend.
– Cederberg Wilderness – no hiking on reserve
– Limietberg Nature Reserve – no hiking on reserve
– Lambert’s Bay Bird Island – currently open, limited access due to high sea levels. Contact the reserve on 071 657 5651 for possible changes to opening times.
All of our other reserves remain operational and are receiving visitors.
Please be safe on the road and ensure that you are warmly dressed for the cold weather.