CapeNature launches self-service permits portal
CapeNature is pleased to announce the launch of the online self-service permits portal. In this post, we will guide you through the process of registering for the self-service portal, uploading an application form and tracking the status of your enquiry.
The infographic above shows the process that a user would follow to register for the permits self-service portal. We examine the steps in more detail below.
On the CapeNature home page, select Get your permit, then hit the Register Here button to land on the following page:
Select Option 1:
Select the permit type you want from the drop-down list:
Complete the required registration information:
On completion, a confirmation of successful registration will display:
You will receive login details via email as shown in the example below:
Click on the link provided and enter a username and password:
The self-service portal will open:
You will receive an email with the relevant application form via the self-service portal. You can click on New Application to upload the completed application form.
In the self-service portal you can also:
a) Track Applications
b) View Invoices:
c) View Issued Permits:
d) View My Documents
e) View Interactions
f) Request Help
What happens next?
- When we receive your permit application, it will be logged in the system and assigned to the relevant officer.
- If additional information is required to complete the application process, you will be contacted via the self-service portal to upload the additional information. Once all the information has been received, the application process will start and the process will be completed as soon as possible.
- If an inspection is required, a notification to schedule an inspection will be received via the self-service portal. Please confirm availability to accompany the CapeNature official on the inspection.
- If your application is approved, a permit / license will be sent to you as per the email address indicated on your application form.
- If your application is not approved, a letter will be sent to you as per the email address indicated on your application form.
- If you are unable to apply for a permit online – alternatively email your application form to email@example.com or fax 086 556 7734.
- You can also click on Need Help on the self-service portal and indicate the issue that you need assistance with. Click on New Request and type the issue that you need assistance with.
- Any queries regarding a pending application can be done under Interactions – where you can send an email with your query.
- The status of a permit application can be viewed under Track Applications.
- The applicant will be able to view all documents uploaded for a particular application under My Documents.
What happens if a permit expires or is not used?
If your permit expires or you do not use your permit before the activity occurs, you will need to go through the application process again. The administration fee will be payable again since it will be a new application.