Only campsite accommodation is offered at Limietberg Nature Reserve. There are both standard and private sites available and caravanners are welcome.
The Tweede Tol camp and picnic site is located at the original tollgate of the beautiful Bainskloof Pass, built in 1853. The campsite has 20 standard sites, each with its own braai area. For visitors wanting something more private, there are also six fenced-off campsites, each with its own kitchen and bathroom. The campsite is suitable for caravans, except for sites 22, 24, 25, and 26.
For a map of the campsite, including site numbers and positions, please view our Tweede Tol brochure.
Sites: 26, including 6 private campsites (maximum 6 people and 2 cars per site)
Shaded sites: Yes, some with shade, some with grass
Power points: No
Ablution facilities: Yes, ablution block with hot-water showers (no toilet paper provided)
Swimming: Yes, in Wolwekloof River
Shop on-site: No
Firewood for sale: Yes, at gate
Braai facilities: Yes, at each site (bring own grid)
Pets welcome: No
- Wood (R30 per bag) and toilet paper (R2 per roll) is available at the gate office.
- Bookings must be made in advance.
- Overnight camping rates exclude conservation fees.
- Campers have exclusive use of the Wolwekloof River swimming holes.
- On departure at 10:00, campers may pay the conservation day fee and move to the picnic area.
- Please bear in mind that our grass needs to breathe – please use ground sheet nets rather than closed canvas sheets.