The Western Cape is world-renowned for offering almost every cinematic location imaginable. CapeNature offers film producers a wide selection of the most breathtaking landscapes, including mountains, dams, waterfalls, rivers and roads.
The combination of fantastic weather and amazing light has resulted in the Western Cape becoming a major drawcard for the hosting of local and international film, video and stills productions.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, CapeNature has put the necessary measures in place to minimise risks around filming and externally hosted outdoor events. We also appreciate the proactive safeguards implemented by our events and filming partners.
Filming applications can still be processed through our official service provider, Permitz, which can be contacted at +27 (0)21 200 0765 or +27 (0)82 880 4649.
Cast and crew will be given access to CapeNature’s reserves, as provided for in regulation 23 (1)(b) of the Government Gazette No 43269, published on 4 May 2020. The combined number of cast and crew members must be kept to a maximum of 50 people on set.
All instructions in respect of health protocols and exposure to Covid-19 must be adhered to as per regulation 16(6).
Current filming rates
- Low-impact shoot (maximum of 15 people): half-day @ R3 135.00 (excluding VAT); full-day @ R5 610.00 (excluding VAT), plus permit and environmental ecological officer (ECO) fees
- Medium-impact shoot (16 to 30 people): half-day @ R6 050.00 (excluding VAT); full-day @ R9 900.00 (excluding VAT), plus permit and ECO fees
- High-impact shoot (31+ people): half-day @ R8 250.00 (excluding VAT); full-day @ R14 850.00 (excluding VAT), plus permit and ECO fees
- Permit fee: R350.00 (excluding VAT)
- Private ECO rates: R180.00 per hour (excluding VAT)
Permits and enquiries
CapeNature has outsourced our filming and photography permits service to Permitz, which will assist you with any queries. Once you have completed your application form, please send it to Permitz for processing and payment.
For more details and to book filming permits, visit www.permitz.co.za or call Jackie Tranmere at +27 (0)21 200 0764 during office hours or +27 (0)82 880 4649 after hours.