Roles and responsibilities must be clearly defined in proposals. Below are the expectations of the concessionaire and the services and infrastructure that CapeNature will provide:
• Advertising and marketing of camps.
• Coordinating bookings, indemnities, and applications.
• Providing and coordinating transport options for participants if needed.
• Providing catering for the duration of the camp inclusive of at least 3 main meals per day.
• All equipment not provided for onsite.
• Providing and coordinating activities – external and on-reserve.
• Cost calculations and breakdown for each camp.
• Cleaning of the venue before and after the camp, including staff and materials to do so.
• Providing staff for the duration of the camp, with a strict 1:5 child ratio. Adult ratios are flexible and at the discretion of the concessionaire. Staff must be checked and have no criminal record.
• Providing facilitation for the duration of the camp.
• Conceptualising content for camps.
• Full project management from concept to post-service.
• Provision of reports.
• Provide the accommodation (Eco-Venue) for the duration of the camp.
• Be responsible for any maintenance or repairs on the accommodation incurred during the camp and ensure the venue is in good order at all times.
• Provide all equipment including cutlery, pots, pans, crockery, bedding, projectors required for the camp (see existing Eco-Venue items and infrastructure).
• Support advertising campaigns for the camps on CapeNature's social media platforms, website, newsletters, on-reserve TV screens and press statements. Content and images must be supplied by the concessionaire.
• Provide free entry into the reserve for staff and children participating as well as access to free activities on the reserve (e.g. hiking trails, bird hides, pool) etc.