Buffalo Valley is a large conservation area bordering the serene Goukamma River just two kilometres from the warm Indian Ocean. Buffalo Valley's three self-catering timber lodges are fully equipped and sleep between four to six people. Guests can view a variety of birdlife in the mixed coastal dune thicket and fynbos and gain access to the Goukamma Nature Reserve.
Vlei Lodge is one of three lodges available in Buffalo Valley. The three lodges are all out of sight and sound of each other with complete privacy, providing each with its own unique environment within the 150-hectare conservation area. Each lodge offers safe seclusion where fireplaces and sundecks ensure year-round comfort.
The lodge sleeps five people - two adults and three children. Overlooking a tranquil birdvlei, this magical hideaway has extensive sun decks designed around noble milkwood trees. The living area with its huge fireplace has a character all its own. Guests can linger around the fire at the spacious outdoor braai area, falling asleep to a chorus of frogs and waking to the sound of singing birds.
The lodge has a shower and toilet that flushes with an extra door opening onto the deck which is then accessible to the loft users.
What we provide:
• Mattress and base sets including bedding and showers
• Solar fridge and gas stove
• Cutlery and crockery, pots and pans ( 5 people)
• Braai grid provided for inside and outside braaing
• Gas kettle
•Camp chairs and combo set in braai area
• Flush toilets
• Showers (Gas heated)
• No firewood is allowed on the reserve - please bring charcoal and firelighters.
- Buffalo Valley - Vlei Lodge (Sleeps 5) (2 adults and 3 children under 12)
- 1-4 persons per night (max 5)
- Additional p/p/n Off Peak
- Additional p/p/n Peak
- Off-Peak Fee
- Peak Fee