Whiskey Creek Cabin is located 7km upstream from the main entrance and comfortably sleeps 10 guests in four double bunk beds and two single beds. The cabin has an open-air kitchen shaded by a veranda roof, and an expansive deck with a braai area. A timber walkway connects the cabin to the river. Guests need to bring all bedding and food. Fresh rain water is provided.
Whiskey Creek Cabin can only be reached with an approximately four-hour paddle on the river. This can take longer if paddling into a headwind. We recommend that visitors leave no later than 14h00 in summer and 13h00 in winter to ensure they make it to the cabin well before nightfall. Note that the canoe might have to be pulled across the rapids by hand during low tide. When getting out of canoes, extreme care must be taken on slippery rocks. Children must be accompanied by adults. The rapids can be challenging and the walk to the cabin is 400m requiring a reasonable level of fitness. Visitors will be required to sign indemnity forms and wear lifejackets, helmets and water shoes when on the river. We do NOT supply water shoes. Please bring your own shoes.
- Solar lighting: dependable on sunshine
- Indoors bathroom: One shower (solar geyser) and one flush toilet
- Kitchen: solar operated freezer, two-plate gas burner, 2 pots, 2 pans, crockery and cutlery provided
- No linen: only pillows with pillow slips
- Outdoor braai: with grid and utensils
- No disabled access
- No pets allowed.
- Whiskey Creek (Overnight Trail), maximum of 10 persons
- 1-6 persons per night
- Additional p/p/n Off Peak
- R250 (max 10)
- Additional p/p/n Peak
- Off-Peak Fee
- Peak Fee