In line with the updated Alert Level 3 announcement by President Cyril Ramaphosa on 01 February 2021, the following rules will apply to all CapeNature reserves with immediate effect and until further notice:
- Reserve accommodation remains OPEN and unchanged (this includes the Whale Trail and Whiskey Creek);
- Conference venues remain OPEN at 50 % capacity;
- All recreational swimming pools within nature reserves will remain OPEN to visitors (adhering to strict protocols). Signage and capacities are in place and checks are implemented);
- Hiking and mountain biking
Opening and closing times
- In accordance with the adjusted Level 3 Disaster Management Government Gazette, all CapeNature reserve gate times may now open earlier to the public.
- Opening time between 07h00 - 08h00, as per individual gate times prior to 29 December 2020.
- Closing times between 16h00 – 19h00, as per individual gate times prior to 29 December 2020.
CapeNature would like to remind visitors of our 4-step process for day-visitors and 5-step process for overnight visitors. With the safety of visitors and staff remaining a top priority, all visitors entering a controlled CapeNature reserve entrance gate will be subjected to a screening process upon arrival. This will include the mandatory completion of a 4-step check-in process requiring 1) the compulsory sanitising of hands, 2) wearing of masks, 3) temperature checks, 4) completion of a quick “Visitor Access Register” and 5) compulsory completion of a “Visitor Screening Questionnaire” for all overnight visitors.